Sunday, December 6, 2009

Caps @ Flyers: Wow! WTF was that?

First and foremost I have to say that was the most disgusting excuse for hockey that I have ever seen. If you had told me a month ago that I would watch my beloved Flyers completely collapse and get slaughtered, I never would have believed you. Then again this is hockey and anything can happen.

The team obviously lacks confidence at this point in time....which I am sure has only been worsened by the continual booing of the fans. Don't get me wrong, they get paid a lot of money to play hockey well and represent Philadelphia, so they deserved every boo directed towards them. The question now is how does Laviolette pick up the pieces and get them going in the right direction?

The lines obviously aren't working. They need to shuffle, but Laviolette's new system still needs to be implemented. What is more important? Getting the system in place should be the priority. Don't get me wrong, this is going to be a bumpy ride and it's going to get a lot worst before it gets better. Once the team gets more comfortable, it's time to experiment with the lines.

What do you change next? Wow! Where do you start?

Something is off-kilter with Jeff Carter. He's supposed to be our big gun so someone had better figure out what is wrong with him and fix it. This, I fear, will take a while due to his allegiance and close relationship with John Stevens. For starters, can we have him shoot targets for hours on end? No offense, Carter, your aim has been lousy.

Claude Giroux. I've said it a million times and I'll say it again: For the love of God, unbury this kid! And give him linemates that are worthy of his talent. By leaving him in a position where he cannot score goals or pile on assists, you are stifling his progress. And while I hate to say it, he's very young so he's more "fragile" in his development. How about he gets Danny Briere back on his wing and we see how many points they rack up? Then there is always JVR. How about we let the two youngsters work together. They are both full of energy and let's face it, they are the future of this club. They are going to be together for quite a while so why not let them start now?

Dan Carcillo. I know everyone is attacking him for last night. I think that was the final straw for him. Congratulations, the Flyers fans hate you. This isn't the spot you want to be in. It's time for him to listen to the electric fence they put up for him or he's going to get his walking papers. I will admit though that through this "indiscretion" I gained a little bit of respect back for Richards who finally stepped it up and "dealt" with Carcillo.

I could go on for quite a while, but in the end, Laviolette is getting paid the big bucks to turn this club around. I just hope he does it before it's too late. I sure hope he realizes that the Phantoms aren't too far behind the big club.

So now I suck it up and work on my Caps post for Crash the Crease. What a sad day this is. It has to get better, right? Because seriously I don't think it could get much worst....

No comments:

Post a Comment