Saturday, December 12, 2009

Oh! My Flyers! Where have you gone?

Well, let me first start off by saying that I believe we can officially go down in history as the only team that acquired Chris Pronger and then totally tanked! There, I said it, it's off my chest, now I can move on...

A good friend and fellow Flyers fan told me last night that this team is cooked and that the season is over. While I understand the frustration, I urge everyone in Flyersland not to give up hope. It's not over until the Stanley Cup is skated around the ice....and that, my friends, is at least five months away...

Sure I understand the frustration. I'm probably the biggest Flyers fan that you will ever meet. They are breaking my heart and I would love to throw something at them, but I just don't think it's time to dismantle the team and start from ground zero.

There are plenty of problems but you have to understand that it's going to take time to jump over this hurdle.

While I was never the biggest John Stevens fan, I actually feel really bad for the man. He grew up professionally in our system and he did an amazing job at developing some of our young talent. The way he handled Claude Giroux during the playoffs last year was outstanding. For that effort, I will eternally be grateful to him. The man was, and still is a class act.

Why do I really feel bad for him? There was no options but to fire him; he had to be the scapegoat.

His termination opened the door for the players to step it up and make the change on their own. While I will give them tonight against the devils to prove themselves, I fear that they have blown this opportunity to right their path. Where do we go from here?

I suggest that Homer figures out real fast who is souring the locker room and move their ass to the Western Conference. FAST! Can't move them? Place them on waivers. I'm sure they will enjoy Glens Falls just fabulously!

It should only be a last resort to clean house and start over. There are still some dangerous and pesky weapons in our arsenal just something, or someone, is holding them all back.

So man up, Homer and right this ship! (And I swear to God, if you even consider touching Claude Giroux or JVR, the fans will turn on you...and you really don't want that....we're mean....)

No comments:

Post a Comment